Dear ones, I gladly accepted Hochland’s challenge to develop some recipes with cheeses from their portfolio, and the first recipe, for which I used 2 types of cheese, is Sandvis Sah with Hochland cheese. A simple but impressive recipe, I say, considering both the contrast of colors… and the sublime taste! 😀 The Hochland cheeses , used by me for this recipe, were: light cow’s milk and too tasty Praid cheese, which impressed us all with its unique taste. And if I still mentioned Praid, I want to tell you that I passed the Hochland factory in Sovata, many years ago, when I started with Bogdi in the adventure of deep salt 😀…
The concept of this campaign, called Sandvis Fest, is: “Discover the Gourmet World with Hochland!” and it’s a real festival of tastes. Thus, it is good to know that between October 1st and November 30th, 2017, discounts for Hochland products, culinary demonstrations from professional chefs and prizes for everyone will be waiting in stores. For any Hochland product purchased, you have the chance to win one of the daily or weekly prizes offered. If you upload a picture with the tax receipt / invoice on the website www.sandvisfest.ro , you can find out on the spot if you have won! I can only wish you success… both at the awards and at the preparation of the sandwich :))
I also want to send you an invitation on the Sandvis Fest platform, where you have at hand the calendar of culinary demonstrations that will take place in several cities in our country. We are waiting for you all at the festival! 🙂 If you want to know where the Sandvis Fest caravan “goes”, I provide you with the locations where it will be until the end of the campaign.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely shredded Manchego or Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 4 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed and sliced
- Spread 3 tablespoons butter on 1 side of bread slices. Toast bread, butter side down, in a large skillet or electric griddle over medium-low heat until golden brown, 2-3 minutes; remove. In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, Manchego cheese, onion powder and remaining 3 tablespoons butter. In another bowl, combine cheddar, Monterey Jack and Gruyere.
- To assemble sandwiches, top toasted side of 4 bread slices with sliced Brie. Sprinkle cheddar cheese mixture evenly over Brie. Top with remaining bread slices, toasted side facing inward. Spread mayonnaise mixture on the outsides of each sandwich. Place in same skillet and cook until golden brown and cheese is melted, 5-6 minutes on each side. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 659kcal
- Fat: 49g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Cholesterol: 122mg
Keywords: Grilled Cheese Sandwich